Electrical Repairs in Galveston
If you’re in need of electrical repairs in Galveston, we at Christensen Electric are here to help you. Providing a full array of residential electrical services, our experienced electricians will quickly diagnose your issue and fix the problem. No matter where in Galveston you are, we can help you with your electrical needs.
We offer a Variety of Electrical Restoration Services
No matter what kind of electrical trouble you’re having, we’d be happy to take a look at it for you. No electrical repair is too small for us to handle, nor is any issue too complex for our experienced technicians. From malfunctioning light switches to advanced wiring problems, we at Christensen Electric are ready to take on any issue you have.
We have experience working on projects of all shapes and sizes, and while the scope of these repairs may vary, our commitment to our clients remains the same throughout. We are always sure to respect your property and treat it with care, which includes working efficiently to minimize the impact our presence has on you, your family or your staff.
Our Expert Technicians Can Solve Your Electricity Issues
All of our electricians are highly experienced, which is why we’re confident in our ability to diagnose and solve your electrical issues. Our electricians are experts in their trade, having studied and practiced it for years. Not only are our experts well trained and experienced, but they also stay up to date on advances in electrical systems and electronics. We aim to provide service that is second to none, and having all of the most up to date equipment and information is a key part of that.
Whether you have a breaker that’s older than you are or the latest home theater system, our technicians have the necessary knowledge to work on any residential electrical system. Whatever the electrical repair you need is, we have electricians who know how to complete the job.
Do Not DIY Your Electrical Repairs
We have all seen the how-to videos, the online tutorials, and endless blog posts telling homeowners how easy it is to perform their own home repairs. These mavericks walk their audience through step-by-step instructions and pull the job off flawlessly. They’ll tell you it’s simple, and they’ll also tell you to not bother calling a professional. They assure you and the rest of their audience that the DIY (do-it-yourself) approach is cost-effective and simple.
However, before you dive into an electrical repair, consider whether you have ever performed any home repairs in the past. If you haven’t, then maybe re-consider the DIY approach. Sure, these online bloggers make it seem easy, but they likely have years of DIY experience. If you’ve never so much as held a pair of pliers, you might not want to trust yourself to re-wire a light fixture or inspect your circuit breaker.
Here are just a few of the reasons you do not want to perform electrical repairs yourself:
1. Dangerous, Hazardous, and Scary: Doing electrical repairs yourself is not only risky, it is also potentially deadly. We know we sound like fear-mongers when we say this, but it is true. The risk of electrocution is always present when you are performing electrical repairs. Do you know how to best avoid these risks? Do you have insulated rubber gloves in your tool kit to protect yourself from electrocution? There is no reason to put yourself, your home and even your family at risk all in the interest of saving a few dollars.
2. Mistakes Can be Costly: When you make a mistake with a repair, you wind up having to call a professional team to correct your errors and to also fix the initial problem. When this happens, you are no longer saving money. You’ve also just wasted your own time performing an incorrect repair. Amateur mistakes can become a financial burden very quickly. Why bother taking the risk? When you consider all the risks, it makes hiring a professional electrical repair person seem like the more cost-effective option.
3. Can You Identify Electrical Problems? Electrical problems can be difficult to diagnose. Like any field, diagnosing problems comes from years of experience and knowing your specialty inside and out. If a light bulb suddenly burns out, you might just think the bulb died, but it could actually be an indicator that your home has faulty wiring or panel issues. When you call an electrician, we work to identify the problem. With our thorough inspections we might even spot other minor problems that an untrained eye would have missed.
4. Are You Familiar With Electrical Codes? If you perform a DIY electrical repair,, it might not be up to code. Performing the correct electrical repairs requires an extensive knowledge of NEC and NFPA standards. If your home does not comply to your region’s standards, you may be held personally responsible in the event of injuries or fires related to your home’s electrical wiring.
SIX SIGNS YOUR HOME MAY NEED ELECTRICAL REPAIR
When it comes to electrical repairs in the Galveston area, you really can’t afford to ignore the problem for too long. Simply put, ignoring the problem and hoping that it will go away won’t help when it comes to fixing these problems. On top of that, it’s a silly way to handle things and can lead to serious problems in future. On average, there are over 400 deaths in the US annually from electrical fires—ignoring your home’s electrical repairs is just not an option. With that in mind, here are six signs your home may soon need electrical repairs:
- Lightbulb Malfunction: If you have noticed that your home is going through lightbulbs like water, then this is a telltale sign that you have an unhealthy electrical system. So, if you have a lot of blown bulbs and you begin to notice that some lights are dim while others remain bright, this could indicate that a degenerative problem may be at play. Also, it is important to remember to check that the wattage of the lightbulb doesn’t exceed the maximum for the fixture it is being passed through.
- Scary Lighting: If your lights share a circuit with an appliance—like a window air conditioner—it is not uncommon for the lights to dim or flicker as the appliance kicks on. Once the appliance is up and running properly, then the problem is usually resolved. If this is happening then you probably need electrical repairs.
- Light Switches and Outlets: If an electrical outlet or switch isn’t working properly and you have already ruled out a blown fuse or broken circuit, then it is probably “bad”. One of the reasons that this often occurs is that wires have come loose, possibly from slamming doors or other wall-rattling activities!
- Blowing Fuses: Finding out that you’ve blown a fuse is very annoying, but for most of us it’s a rare occurrence. If you have begun to detect that your home is experiencing a larger than normal number of blown fuses, then this is probably an indication of overloaded circuits and you will likely need to invest in a professional electrical repair service, including a new electrical circuit!
- Worn Out Electrical Outlets: If you have a set of outlets that have been used frequently over many years, then they may be worn out. If you have begun to notice that your plugs aren’t holding well in the outlet, or if you constantly need to ‘jiggle’ the plug to get it to work correctly, then this is a sign that something is wrong and needs repairing!
- Sparks and a Burning Smell: Finally, if you have detected a burning smell coming from an outlet or light then you really can’t afford to ignore it. In fact, in situations like this, you need to contact a professional like us immediately.
Christensen Electric Is Dedicated to Serving Galveston
Everyone at our office is dedicated to serving Galveston, because they live there. Our electricians are your neighbors. Their children go to the same schools that your kids attend, and they eat at the same restaurants you do. All of us are dedicated to serving you, because you’re more than a customer—you’re our neighbor and community member.
Contact Christensen Electric to Learn More
We know electrical problems aren’t fun to deal with, which is why we promise to send you an electrician as soon as possible. As a small business, we understand how important a high functioning electrical system is to our clients. We won't waste your time, because we know how valuable it is.
If you need electrical repair, or are just looking to have the name of a trusted company in the event you require assistance, give us a call today. As soon as we at Christensen Electric hear from you, we’ll set up a time for a qualified electrical repair technician to come to you.